HPD House Checks--Going on Vacation??

posted Jul 23, 2014, 12:41 AM by Moanalua Garden Community Association
Worried about burglary or vandalism? The Honolulu Police Department (HPD) offers House Checks!  HPD conducts house checks for vacationing residents upon request.  House checks help protect your property and are always conducted by uniformed police officers.
How to sign up? 
Call 911 and ask for the police non-emergency line.  You will be asked some confidential questions and initiate the initial house check report. 
What is my schedule changes? 
If you return home early call HPD at 911 to cancel the house check request.  An officer will be sent to the residence to verify the cancellation. 
For more information about HPD House Check, please visit:  HPD House Check Information
  • the resident must be away for a minimum of 5 consecutive days. 
  • maximum number of days a home can be checked o 30 days.
  • the resident must be unoccupied during the entire house check period. 
  • open or indefinite return dates are not accepted. 
  • only single family homes are checked.
Information provided by the office of Linda Ichiyama
District 32 - Moanalua, Salt Lake & Aliuamanu 
Hawaii State Capitol - Room 327
415 S. Beretania St., Honolulu, HI  96813
tel: (808) 586-6220      email: